Who We Are and What We Believe
Our church is part of the Evangelical Covenant church, a fellowship of 800 churches across the United States and Canada with missions work in 10 foreign countries. As a church, we follow the teachings of Biblical Christianity. These principles provide guidance for our life and faith:
• We believe that being a child of God through personal faith in Jesus Christ is the most important and satisfying experience anyone can have.
• We believe that the Bible is God's own message for all people, and that it is the only perfect guide for matters of faith, doctrine, and lifestyle.
• We believe that our freedom in Christ allows for differences in minor doctrinal issues. Our unity is based on our common faith in Jesus. We cherish the ability to recognize but rise above minor doctrinal differences.
• We believe that Christians are called to follow their Lord in a life of love, witness, and service to God, one another, and the world. Each Christian is gifted by the Holy Spirit to help fulfill the mission of the church.
• We believe that we are a group of Christians in a community, who hold a common faith in Jesus Christ as Savior and share a common commitment to Him as Lord. We are a part of the family of God because of Christ's death and resurrection for us.
• We believe in a common life, seeking to share a loving, living, listening, giving, caring relationship to one another.
• We believe Jesus Christ is our Head and we seek to base our life on His revealed pattern in the New Testament. Our church is governed on earth by Christ, through our Pastor and through the Church Board and its officers.
• We believe that Christ died for us, we are saved by the blood shed for us at Calvary and that He is coming back for us and we must be ready when He comes. Through our ministry, the church seeks to present Jesus Christ as our Savior and Lord, for all people and for all of life. We welcome into membership anyone who confesses Jesus Christ as personal Savior, and who by God's grace will live according to the standards set forth in the Word of God.
"And the Lord answered me and said, Write the Vision, and make it plain upon the tables, that he may run that readeth it. For the vision is yet for an appointed time, but at the end it shall speak and not lie: though it tarry, wait for it; because it will surely come, it will not tarry." (Habakkuk 2:2-3)
It is the vision that Kingdom Covenant Ministries share the Good News of Jesus Christ with the hundreds of thousands of residents of South Dade County.
It is the vision that 20,000 souls will be welcomed into the fellowship of saints here at Kingdom Covenant Ministries.
It is the vision that the hurting, discouraged, frustrated, misused and abused will find love, acceptance, hope, help, forgiveness and guidance here at Kingdom Covenant Ministries.
It is the vision that spiritual maturity will take place through the teaching, preaching and studying of the Word of God.
It is the vision to help equip every believer for a specific ministry as they discover the gifts and talents God has given them here at Kingdom Covenant Ministries.
It is the vision to help plant new churches by sending forth capable men and women who have been empowered by God through the ministry at Kingdom Covenant Ministries.
It is the vision to have a Worship Facility that will be open 24 hours per day so that worship can take place at anytime. This facility will include a multi-purpose building and recreation areas so that ministry will be to the total person.
As this vision is fulfilled, God will be glorified through exciting worship. The people will be edified through excellent works and the devil will be horrified through dynamic witness. Nevertheless, the vision can only be fulfilled with God's help and your commitment.